Sunday, October 24, 2010

That Time of Year...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!


My sister called the other day to chat. During the conversation she casually reminded me that I haven't made any pumpkin chocolate chip muffins yet this year.

I'm not sure where I got this recipe (so if I got it from you...remind me) but it's become a family favorite. Usually I start thinking about making them right before Halloween (when I start seeing pumpkins everywhere). I make them several times between now and Thanksgiving. I think we like them all the more because they only appear for a short time. Kind of like Christmas cookies, Easter Peeps and mint dark chocolate Kit Kats (Hershey's PLEASE bring these back this Christmas).

Since Baby Sister and family were home this weekend to introduce Miss Jocelyn to her great-granny and other relatives, it was the perfect time to start baking. Mom had the whole family (all 14 of us) over for supper on Saturday night and I brought the muffins as a dessert option. We NEVER just have one dessert at a family gathering...Mom made her chocolate chip cookies too.

The recipe calls for 8 ounces of pumpkin but I usually buy the 15 ounce can so I usually double the recipe and make both mini muffins with mini chocolate chips and full-size muffins with regular chocolate chips. I really wanted to use the dark chocolate chips from Ghiradelli (not sure what they are called) but I didn't have them in my cabinet...so definitely next time!

I also had some fun Halloween cupcake liners that I picked up at Macy's after Halloween last year for dirt cheap so I pulled those out to use.

Love how the spiders on the big muffins look orange because of the pumpkin!

These are a great option either for dessert or breakfast. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
8 oz. canned pumpkin
3/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-line muffin cips 3/4 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done.

Serves: 1-1/2 dozen.


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

10 comments:

  1. I hope these don't show up at an office near me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have a whole cabinet full of pumpkin-- these would be great with my pumpkin dip ;) Gonna have to bake some up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to try them I really like anything pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy. I'm not a baker, but this time of year I mix 1 can of pumpkin with 1 box cake mix. Bake as directed on the pkg. Low fat, high vitamins. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just baked up muffins galore last week.
    Didn't think to do pumpkin. Great idea. Pumpkin is LittleD's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, and I love the fact that you didn't ice them! Do you need my mailing address so you can send me a double batch? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look and sound yummy! I love anything with pumpkin in it :)
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by and checking out my Pumpkin Pie Dip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Sissy and I are making these right now for Thanksgiving. She loved them so much after the Freeze-O-Rama, she requested to make them for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got done making these. They are delicious and the girls love them! I am hoping we have leftovers for tomorrow, but they are going fast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails