Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkins, Cows, Straw and Corn, Oh My

A trip to Kelsay Farms each October is becoming a tradition. 


This year, Baby Sister and I took her daughter and our two oldest nephews with us for an afternoon of fun on the dairy farm where we, of course, saw the cows.


The farm is just outside of Greenwood, Ind. and is a working dairy farm. They open the farm to the public every weekend (Friday night to Sunday evening) in October.

They do a great job providing lots of fun activities for all ages, including a corn maze.

But, it's all about the straw and the corn box when my nephews are there.


The photo above does NOT do the straw mountain justice. It is HUGE with tunnels and slides. It's a perfect place for boys to run around, make friends and play tag.


They expanded their corn box this year (think sand box but with corn) and it was a happening place.

My only complaint about the whole day is that the boys brought a little too much of the fun home with them...


Not sure if you can see it, but there's corn all over my floor...from his pants pockets! Oh well, he picked it all up, though I'm not sure where he put it...

This was supposed to be a Wordless Wednesday post so I'll wrap this up with some other fun photos from the day. Enjoy! If you want to know more about Kelsay Farms, visit their Facebook page!

Moo-Choo Express!


Pumpkins!



"I love my pumpkin!"

Calves...23 days old.



"Bye calves!"

Tuckered out!



Kelsay Farms did provide me with a couple of admission tickets to the farm but the thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own, of course.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails