Friday, September 10, 2010

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You...

OK, my love of musicals is shining through again in my post title, but I just couldn't help it. The lyrics have been running through my head ever since I started this post!

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong over at how i met your father tagged me in the 8 Questions game so here it goes...

Q:  If you could have any superpower what would you have? Why?

A: Teleportation - Ability to move from 1 place to another without occupying the space in between.

It is such a hassle to get in the car, plane, boat or train to get places so wouldn't it be nice to just teleport myself to where I want to go. Sort of like on Star Trek?

Though that really wasn't a superpower...

Unlike Misfit (Batgirl) who I learned through my Google search could teleport herself AND she gets to wear a cool superhero costume!

Q. Who is your style icon?
A.  Sadly, I have no style. Seriously, my work attire consists of black pants and a gray shirt or gray pants and a black shirt. I do throw on some cute shoes once in a while, but even then they are usually flats! And don't get me started on my weekend wear - can you say jeans and a cotton shirt??

Having no style of my own, is one reason I love to go visit himyf and A Blonde Ambition because they are ALWAYS featuring some serious fashion! I did invest in some skinny jeans (OK, they are slim fit) last year and I'm so glad I did - I feel a bit more "in style" when I put them on.

Q.  What is your favorite quote?

A.  If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau

This next one isn't really a quote, more like a line my dad loves to say. "It's so ugly, it's ooogly." Don't ask...

Q.  What is the best compliment you've ever received?
A.  That I'm a good daughter, granddaughter, sister and friend.

Q.  What playlist/cd is your CD player/iPod right now?

A.  I've been listening to the songs I've either purchased off of iTunes over the last year or so, as well as songs from CDs I've bought. I'm really enjoying Kings of Leon's Only By the Night; The Avett Brothers' I And Love And You; and the Hope for Haiti Now albums.

I don't have it on my iTunes but I love, love, love the album that Coldplay gave out at their concert last year. It was basically the concert we heard on CD! Live versions of their songs. Every time I play it I feel like I'm back at the concert!

Q.  Are you a night owl or a morning person?
A.  Definitely a morning person. Sleeping in was 8 a.m. in my house growing up and it stuck. I rarely sleep past 7 a.m. and I'm usually brain dead around 10 p.m.

Q. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
A.  Dogs, definitely. I have a slight allergy to cats so while I have nothing against them personally, I do have a hard time being in the same room with them!

Q.  What is the meaning behind your blog name?
A.  I think my "About Me" sums it up nicely... I'm a middle child (2nd of four girls) living in Middle America (Indiana to be exact) approaching middle age (35 is coming way too soon) always in the middle of doing something (finishing is the hard part).

Here are my 8 questions:
1.  What is the one piece of clothing that you can NOT live without?
2.  Do you have a favorite photograph? If yes, what is it of?
3.  What was your first job?
4.  If you could choose a new first name, what would it be?
5.  Coffee or Soda in the morning?
6.  What is one piece of technology that you just can NOT figure out?
7.  Radio or buzzer on your alarm clock?
8.  Other than this blog, what was the last thing you read?

Here are the lovely ladies who I am tagging:
1.  Going Jane
2.  Beyer Beware
3.  Goodeness Gracious
4.  Liz at Two Maids a Milking
5.  a Latte' with Ott, A
6.  a spoonful of
7.  Pinke Post
8.  kayni's corner cafe

Smart and Trendy Moms

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! I answered the questions! http://twomaidsamilking.blogspot.com/2010/09/8-question-friday.html

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! This looks like too much WORK!! lol! Just kidding! :) I'll do my best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun answers. i'd LOVE to be able to teleport. i tell Sequel allll the time that he better get busy and invent me one, because traveling makes me cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun read. I am working on my eight now, thanks for inviting me to play along. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Megan!

    Thanks for coming by my lil 'o blog.
    Interesting tidbits:

    I am also 35.
    I was raised in Indiana (live in TN now, though.)

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the King and I. You just can't beat an old musical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. Thank you for the tag. I'm much better now, but still trying to catch up with blogging. I'll be doing your tag soon.

    Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails